Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Railroad Themed Restaurants

Default Railroad Themed Restaurants

How about the railroad themed restaurants you have been to? Here's a list from the top of my head, although I am sure there are plenty more...

1) Barstow McDonalds (great RR theme and old passenger cars, although they seem to have a serious AC issue and the food is McDonalds, which isn't really food).

2) Carneys in West Hollywood and Studio City (Tommy's/Pink's type chili dogs and burgers served inside old RR cars. Food is crap, but the places look cool.)

3) Formosa Cafe in West Hollywood - the bar is an old Pacific Electric Red Car... although the front of it has been altered, making it just look like the back of the building. Food and drinks here are quite good.

4) Buellton - abandoned diner made up of two Los Angeles Transit Line trolley cars. Sadly, I've heard this is being torn down.

5) Victoria Station - long abandoned, as far as I know, but I think still there at San Juan Capistrano station.

6) Polly's Pies - Yorba Linda - Pacific Electric train station

7) Ruby's - Orance - Santa Fe station

8) Corona ATSF station is now some sort of bar

9) Rialto Pacific Electric station is now a Mexican restuarant

10) Balboa (Newport) Pavillion, which was also the Pacific Electric station is now an upscale restuarant with amazing views of the water.

11) Santa Monica - Enterprise Fish Company is in a Pacific Electric building which was once an station annex and later a PE bus garage.

12) Cole's Beef Dip is in the old PE Terminal in downtown LA.

13) Phillipe's Beef Dip is near LAUPT and RR themed

14) Shafter - some kind of diner made out of a Pacific Electric car (was closed the one time I tried to eat there).

15) Newport Beach Spaghetti Factory (think they have a trolley).

16) Hollywood Spaghetti Factory (had a trolley in the middle of the floor... have closed down though... no idea what became of trolley)

Okay - that's all this old brain can come up with. Please add to the list.
    Charles Freericks

17) Pasadena - Santa Fe station is now a restaurant (haven't tried it yet though).
    Charles Freericks

18) San Juan Capistrano - Sarduccis Capistrano Depot

Default San Juan Capo Ruby's

Great fun topic CHarles!

Ruby's at San Juan Capo - was a railroad themed Ruby's before they built one in Orange. It's got a nicely detailed (but horribly un-proto) F-unit Sante Fe War Bonnet spinning on a turn table - and the requisite G-scale trains suspended from the ceiling.

The Polly's in Placentia you mentioned was actually built as "Yorba Linda Station" (I think that was its name - memory being the 2nd thing to go) - it was a mid-end restaurant. Your's truly designed all of the lighting and power systems for the place WAY back in 1982-ish.

OFF TOPIC SQUARED:
    The Ruby's at the Laguna Hills Mall has some nice WWII-era planes (both sides Allied and Axis) suspended from the ceiling - slowly flying around the ceiling space. These are the larger R/C sized planes. Tons of cool aircraft pics on the walls too.

Now only if the waitresses dressed a little more authentically...

ooops, was that an outside thought?
    Last edited by mapexman007; 04-10-2012 at 04:30 PM. Reason: restaurant name corex
    Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/mapexmac#p/a
    Follow Daygo activity with Twitter: @dash9railfan

19) TRAXX at Los Angeles Union Station (wonderful upscale restaurant - took the wife there for our anniversary one year - AMAZING martinis)
    Charles Freericks

20) Campos Tacos is in the buiding that also housed the Venice Pacific Electric station, but it's not the same storefront
    Charles Freericks

21) Union Pacific Fullerton station is an Old Spaghetti Factory (D'oh)

22) Pacific Electric Fullerton station is Spadra (D'oh)

23) Riverside Union Pacific station is a coffee shop (looks a little Starbucks-ish)
    Charles Freericks

The train station restaurant in Flagstaff AZ. great food.

Exclamation

You totally overlooked the Fullerton Spaghetti Factory in the old UP station that was moved from across the AT&SF tracks with the red car mock up in the dinning room.

Also, the Polly's in Yorba Linda is in fact in Yorba Linda, not Placentia.
    Want to see my Avatar full size? Click Here Or My Flickr Page: Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Holloran Grade View Post
    You totally overlooked the Fullerton Spaghetti Factory in the old UP station that was moved from across the AT&SF tracks with the red car mock up in the dinning room.

Also, the Polly's in Yorba Linda is in fact in Yorba Linda, not Placentia.

Up Fullerton Spaghetti Factory is 21.

Polly's is listed in Yorba Linda (on my post).
    Charles Freericks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information